Monday, August 24, 2009

Update....

Mamo is dying.

But we stay at her bedside all the day long, and her son stays there throughout the night. So she is never alone and has her family with her during the day.

She is in End Stage Renal Failure, and her "creatinine" level is rising by about ten points a day. But so far she declares that she is "comfortable" and not in any pain.

My aunt and I have come home briefly to get tonight's dinner and deserts made-- and we always take Mamo some of the good home cooked food, which she enjoys so much more than the hospital fare.

My uncle's brother-in-law has enabled my laptop to be connected to the internet through his modem. So I can keep you guys updated now.

Thank you all so very much for your prayers and good wishes---it means a whole lot to me.

Bo *

*

4 comments:

Nurse Stella said...

Prayers for your grandmother to have a peaceful, painfree passing and for you and your family to have the strength to endure this difficult time. She is lucky to have you.

danielle said...

You know, how much more perfect could the end of life be? No pain and all your family there to support you and each other. Make sure you take time to give each other hugs .... and enjoy all the good memories I am sure you are talking about. Family history is so important.

kg said...

the first two said it well. Glad you can be there Bo. Prayers for your grandma and for you.

Macy from Buffalo, NY said...

We did the same thing when my mom was dying - family 24 hrs a day. I had the night shift. I can't carry a tune in a bucket, but I sat & held her hand & sang to her almost all night long. They say hearing is the last sense to go, so we made sure only positive things were said in her room. You are blessed to have this time to share memories & hugs together. I pray for your strength & peace for all of you. Take care of yourself Bo. Eat as regularly as you can, sleep when you are able to and TAKE YOUR MEDS!