Thursday, August 06, 2009

Guardian Angels of the Pure At Heart......and Maybe Tomorrow.....

*

Those of you who have read my blog since the beginning know that I oftentimes begin my posts with a song which means something to me. And this time I'm going to put some of the lyrics of a little-known Michael Jackson song, which may seem like an odd choice. Like a lot of people, I was once a Jackson 5 fan. Then I was a Michael Jackson fan. Then things went horribly wrong......and I did not condone his behavior in his later life, even though his music was brilliant---but this song was a Jackson 5 song when he was still an innocent child.

I do think that at some time, Michael Jackson was an innocent, before the bad years......and it was during that time that I loved his music. I loved his pure voice and obvious passion. It was in those days that his songs touched my heart. Like the following song called "Maybe Tomorrow". The winsome and hopeful way he sang those emotions were so close to feelings I had that I would literally cry when I heard them.

I still cry when I hear this old song, a song hopefully called "Maybe Tomorrow"....

If you'd like to hear part of the song, here it is, below the next paragraph.

And after this, I'm going to write the final chapter of "Who Ya Gonna Call?"----and it will be the hardest chapter that I'll have to write in the series. Because in this upcoming chapter, me, Cindy and Marla will graduate nursing school.....but not without having made sacrifices we never thought we'd have to make....sacrifices which would affect us for the rest of our lives.....

*

("Maybe Tomorrow") I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY STARS THERE ARE, UP IN THE HEAVENLY SKY, I ONLY KNOW MY HEAVEN IS HERE ON EARTH, EACH TIME YOU LOOK INTO MY EYES, THE WAY YOU DO BABY, THANK YOU, THANK YOU BABY, MY BEAUTIFUL BIRD YOU HAVE FLOWN AWAY, I HELD YOU TOO TIGHT I CAN SEE, YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY, NO ELSE CAN MAKE ME CRY, THE WAY YOU DO BABY..... YOU ARE THE BOOK THAT I READ EACH DAY, YOU ARE THE SONG THAT I SING (GONNA SING IT TO YOU), YOU ARE THE FOUR SEASONS OF MY LIFE, BUT MAYBE TOMORROW YOU'LL CHANGE YOUR MIND GIRL, MAYBE TOMORROW YOU'LL COME BACK TO MY ARMS GIRL, MAYBE SHE'LL COME... BABY, YOU'RE ALL I NEED TO GET BY, NO ONE ELSE CAN MAKE ME CRY, THE WAY YOU DO BABY, CAUSE...

*

*

1 comment:

danielle said...

Altho I cannot respect MJ as an adult...to me he is the poster child of what happens when you take a childhood away from a child...