Monday, August 03, 2009

If Anybody Wonders Why I Post The Insane Conversations That I Do.......

*

GOD, the things that come out of Blaine's mouth.....

There I was, standing on our wooden back deck, impatiently waiting for him to charcoal grill some more of his specialty--- some nice, marinated, New York style pork tenderloin kabobs which he calls "speedies". In yummy anticipation, I had already made up the chopped fresh onion/tomato/oregano/olive oil relish for the speedies to be served with, on a bed of grilled pita bread drizzled with olive oil.

And, as we both stood on our spacious wooden back deck, appreciating the lovely sunset and then the cool evening air (which was a nice respite from the day's heat), Blaine lights up a cigarrette and says: "You know that here in Overland Park it is illegal to use a charcoal grill on a wooden deck, don't ya?"

Me, being my usual sarcastic, rude self: "So what? Who's gonna know? None of our neighbors are so mean as to report us to the authorities."

Him (ever the realist): "Well.....I....uh... just now remembered that our new neighbor to the right, the guy who bought this building, is a city fireman."

Me, exasperated as usual with Blaine's "revelations": "Goddang it, Blaine---our lives are so screwed up!.....and...and you're here with a damn cigarette in your mouth while you're grilling! So hurry the hell up with the dang things, then---I'm hungry!!!"

*

*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys crack me up!

Anonymous said...

Blaine's a trip!

Anonymous said...

So now you have to tell us---did you ever get reported?

Anonymous said...

Life must be a three-ring circus around your house!

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

And yet. . . I'm still hungry!