Thursday, October 01, 2009

Hell Must Have Frozen Over....

*

Well, I'm home from Texas....and I admit that I'm a little blue about it. I miss my family....

Before I left I took the above picture of that other fountain Mother is building. I took the picture at night because the candles are so pretty. She still has some work to do on it, like putting a blue tile mosicing outline around the edges and also a structure to hide the pump--- but you can already tell it's going to be really beautiful. And she may put a larger bell in that top alcove.

And then I came home on the good ole Amtrak train. (I have a love--hate relationship with that damn train line) And I wore my new hat--- so I don't think any of the other passengers had any doubts about which state I was coming from....

And then, when I got home, I found that the dang "bubble" is still here. I wish I knew what that thing was. I've taken pictures all over the house but I never catch "bubbles" in any other room---only up there at the top of the stairs. Weird, isn't it?

Anyway, the reason hell must have frozen over is that I am actually knitting something.....(don't faint, now).... that is plain gray.

Yes, you heard me right----the Queen of Psychedelic Knitting is actually knitting a gray sweater out of Cascade Eco wool. It knits quickly which is nice. And it has a nice "hand" and texture, knitted on size 10 needles. Even Blaine liked it and asked me to knit him one in the solid gray. But he NEVER wears sweaters---maybe once a year. So I just don't know......

But....never let it be said that I don't put my personal touch on all my knitted items, whether psychedelic or plain gray. So since this sweater is going to be a cardigan (an oversized, baggy, comfy one), I bought some buttons for the front, and some smaller ones to put along the sides of each sleeve cuff. And I'm thinking of putting red patch pockets on it, too......

Yeah, I know.

Blaine laughed, too....

*

*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your mom's fountain. I think it is very pretty just the way it is.

danielle said...

i love the red buttons with the grety! makes it snazzy!

Bo... said...

Thank you, Anonymous and Danielle!

Anonymous said...

Wow just awesome (i hate that word but it seems to fit) it is going to be sooo nice! I will have to try that wool.

Do you have weird things happening in your house that are unexplainable? Could the "bubble" be a spirit trying to manifest? It looks like a classic orb many ghost hunters find in their research photos.

Love your mothers stuff. what does she make the fountain out of?

Bo... said...

Thank you Anonymous! My mother used wire as a base for the fountain, then she cemented it. Then she had to get her gardener guy to run a water connection underground---and then have it "divide up" into three streams. (They fretted over that because it was hard to finally get the water to come out of all three holes in the same size stream.)

About the bubble, no, there's nothing strange or weird happening in the house (well, except for me, of course!)

I'm not sure what that bubble is. It all started because that's the spot the cats always look at and I got curious and started snapping pics of there. But no matter how many pics I take of other areas of the house, it never shows up except right in that upstairs area.

Strange....