Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prayers Needed

I am praying very hard for New Zealand, due to the earthquake.

And yes, I know there is heartache, hardships, and even war (civil and otherwise) in other countries right now--- and my heart goes out to the innocents there, too. Each night as I watch the news about it I get tears in my eyes--and I pray for those victims too.

Heck, I think I'll pray for the whole world---and I'm not trying to be funny here. I really mean it. Having lived overseas until I came back to America for college, I have developed a deep love for all of those in other countries and their cultures.

Please God, help us all.....

*

*

7 comments:

Charlotte said...

Thanks for your prayers. My friend in Christchurch managed to get through to me today by phone and that was her request, prayers for the people of Christchurch. Her husband is shellshocked (in her words) and her son has lost his house so he and his wife and three children are with her. But they have water and sewers and power; none of them are injured. But they, like the rest of the city, need our prayers.

kg said...

Thanks Bo,
I'm praying too.

Linda in Alameda, CA said...

Amen, Bo. I'm kinda scared to open my newspaper each morning - only to find yet another crisis somewhere. It really makes me stop and appreciate my little corner where I live with my kitty on my Social Security, and do my charity knitting. People need to remember there's ALWAYS someone (or thousands of someones) worse off than we are, and to pray for them and help in whatever way we can. I'll get off my soapbox now. Thank you.

Bo... said...

Thanks you guys! I know the Lord hears our prayers!

Bo... said...

And Charlotte, I'm praying for your friend's family, too.

Anonymous said...

oh, brother.....

Bo... said...

Be like that if you want, Anonymous, but perhaps it is because you don't realize how good you have it. I will pray for you to be more tolerant and to have some empathy for those people overseas who would give anything for just a morsel of bread, a roof over their head, a war not bombing things on their street, medicines, and water that is not sewage.