Tuesday, February 01, 2011

The Blizzard Shows No Signs of Stopping...

The shovel shows where Blaine had shoveled a pathway for his car to get into the garage. Now, that place where he shoveled is gone, buried under the snow. He said a cussword when I told him about it.

The problem with these pictures are that you can't see the blowing of the snow. But trust me, it's blowing hard and has just increased. The weather man said that this is the worst snow storm he's seen in all the years he's been in Kansas. And now, due to the blowing snow, visibility is so bad that they don't even know if the plow trucks will be able to get out on the roads.

See those idiots parked on the street down there? That's why our neighborhood's snow plow trucks get mad. You are SUPPOSED to keep your damn car OFF the damn street so that the plows can do their damn jobs!

*

*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know! We had a similar snow storm last month here on Vancouver Island. 14 inches of wet heavy coastal snow everywhere,and I very deliberately parked on my parking pad in the alley, when normally I would park out front on the street. Too bad so many of my neighbours couldn't be bothered.

Snow like that is rare for us too. I mean yes, I'm from Canada, but not all of Canada is cold in the winter, and the norm for us here is rain, rain and more rain!

Hope your pantry is well stocked!

Lora

Bo... said...

Hi Lora---and thank you! Today I chopped all the vegetables for the "snowed in" chili Blaine's going to make. He deserves it because he shoveled both ours and the landlord's driveway (he's next door and we share a double driveway.) We ended up getting around 13-14" of snow by the time it stopped snowing. Whew! Anyway, we had some friends go on vacation to Canada once and they did go to Vancouver Island. They couldn't stop talking about how beautiful it was and how wonderfully friendly the people were. It made us want to go!

Anonymous said...

Vancouver Island IS beautiful, but then I'm certain I'm biased. I grew up here (in the lovely Comox Valley) and there is a bit of everything here... lots of wonderful farmland, forests mountains of course and some really nice beaches. Lots of artists and artisans too...

I moved away in my youth and went to college, married and started a family. After 15 years of living in large cities (Vancouver and Calgary) I was more than ready to come back to my humble little childhood home and raise my kids here. Turns out I'm NOT a city girl after all.

If you ever do make it here, I'd suggest you do it in summer. We have gorgeous warm summers that can make it into the high 90's but seldom higher. Winter on the other hand is grey, wet and usually above freezing. More than a few suffer from SAD. Not me... thank God. I've got enough on my plate.
Lora

Bo... said...

Hi Lora! To tell you the truth, I would love to live in a small, farm town. I'm not a big city girl, either. And I would definitely love to live near water. :)