Friday, September 18, 2009

Kiss Kiss, Goodbye---See Ya In Dallas!

*

Ok, I'm off to Dallas with my Mother in a little while. (Amateurish jam tarts and all....) Thought I'd throw you some last minute pictures---this time of my own bedroom at Mother's house, which I love so much that I hate to leave it. The above is a picture of my rarely-made bed....

The above is my stash closet, behind the curtains---but the shelves are empty because my stash is currently in Kansas. My sister gave me some money for my birthday via the Fed Ex man yesterday. (I sang "Happy Birthday to Me" as he walked the whole way up the walkway to deliver the envelope.) And I plan on spending the money at the Woolie Ewe in Dallas while I'm there this weekend, yee-hah!!

I collect clocks--- and above are several. My favorite is the elegant little Ellora clock to the right of the ruby slipper. (You can click on the picture to enlarge, to see the little clock.) (I also collect ruby slippers---and the mosaiced one above was made by...you guessed it! My Mother!!)

The above is part of the Paint Pony collection. (Okay, with a camel and a cow to keep them company.....)

And the above cabinet used to have a huge TV on top, which I took to Kansas. So instead I placed an old washbasin & pitcher there which my Mother mosaiced for me.

Above is my messy dresser and the bench at the foot of my bed. But I just love my room!!!

Anyway, I've got to finish packing. I finished the new Pat Conroy book, "South of Broad", and it was so good that I hated to put it down, dang it. But I'm taking his "Beach Music" with me to Dallas, where I doubt I'll get any reading done in the exciting household of my jet-setter sister!

I'll keep in touch---

*

*

10 comments:

Trinka said...

SUCH a beautiful place. I can see where you get your multicolored-pattern preferences for your yarnwork. :)

I really enjoy your blog, and as a white-walls, neutral colors, decorator ... the pictures of your mom's house absolutely fascinate me.

Thanks for the enjoyable read!

Trinka

Anonymous said...

SWEET jesus, which blind gypsy did your mother rob to decorate her house?

yikes!

Bo... said...

To Anonymous:

Begone, you rude, uncouth, and obviously low-class idiot. Only people with taste, culture, and good breeding can appreciate the art in my mother's house. The only "art" in your house is probably a calendar you got free from the bank.

Anonymous said...

It's obvious you're a drunk..you're mother's a drunk......and are in denial........you're sugar coating your life..........what the hell?

Bo... said...

To Anonymous:

Guess I hit a nerve with the calendar remark, didn't I? HEH! And you're stupid, too--because you don't even realize how pathetic you sound and how much you AMUSE ME, hee hee!!!!

Come on, insult me again, please, huh, please? Its just so damn easy to piss you off!!!

(And I CRACK MYSELF UP, heh!!!!)

Bo... said...

Oh, P.S. to my above comment to Anonymous:

And also, in addition to my above comment, I meant to say that I know you're jealous! When people try so hard to insult somebody, resorting to schoolyard taunts of "you're a drunk and your mother's a drunk", it's a simple matter of jealousy--- a a desire to inflict pain.

But tra-la-la, I am waaaaaay above your type of gutter-type personality. If you knew how much amusement I get from you, you'd cry like a baby!

Bring it on, Anonymouses!!!! I am doing healthy brain calisthenics thinking up my clever retorts! And none of you have bested me yet, hee hee!

Trish said...

Thank you for sharing all the photos of the lovely house. I've moved so much that I'm more of a mnimalist, but I love all the colors and patterns-especially the mosaics and the oriental rugs. It all looks so rich and warm and inviting. I'll enjoy it vicariously!

NurseJoc said...

That is an incredibly intricate and vibrant room. I wish I had at least a little motivation to decorate my house. I have 3 sets of picture frames ready to hang in three rooms, but I can't seem to get off my butt to actually hang them up! haha

Poor, poor, bare walls.

karrol said...

Bo,your blogs are works of Art in their own right.When you get a chance why dont you write an E-BOOK, publish And sell it on line.You come from"Artist stock" by genetics, your mom,your niece,your sister,wow.......
Your loving giving bubbling mothers personality,is so ENCHANTINGLY ,BOLDLY AND BEAUTIFULLY WONDERFUL expressed in her home and gifts. Bo ,your are very very blessed! enjoy!

karrol said...

Bo,your blogs are works of Art in their own right.When you get a chance why dont you write an E-BOOK, publish And sell it on line.You come from"Artist stock" by genetics, your mom,your niece,your sister,wow.......
Your loving giving bubbling mothers personality,is so ENCHANTINGLY ,BOLDLY AND BEAUTIFULLY WONDERFUL expressed in her home and gifts. Bo ,your are very very blessed! enjoy!