Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Amtrak Woes & My Jet-Setter Sister

Okay, so infernal Amtrak struck again...

Last night I was supposed to leave on the train to return to Kansas. But when I got to the train station the disinterested (and RUDE) station attendant informed me that there had been a mistake---and my reservation was non-existent.

And she couldn't add me in because the little room suites were all full...

Okay, so I'm going to go tonight, instead. And I'm kind of fatigued after all that has been happening lately, and so I'm really looking forward to crawling into my bunk--- maybe putting a video on the laptop.

*

Update on Mamo:

She is still holding on, very exhausted today from dialysis. She has been given units of blood and platelets.

*

Update on my jet-setter sister:

She hung out with Donald Trump today! No lie!! And his daughter Ivanka! My sister promises to send me the pics tomorrow, and I'll post them when I get them. She said that they are both extremely nice, down-to-earth people.

*

Anyhoo, I will return home to Kansas for two weeks and will come back to Texas after that, to celebrate my niece's 21st birthday. And an added treat--- my nephew will be flying in from the east coast!

*

*

No comments: