Monday, May 18, 2009

Forgive My Obsessions....

Okay, I'll tell you what my therapist, Fred, told me today.

First of all, he said that I should overlook the fact that my entire family thinks I'm nuts because I sketch only angels.

Second, he also said that it's okay that I am obsessed with the Dove Birdies Family on our front porch. (He stated that having "compassion and "fascination" with sweet things like doves and their darling nests is a "sentimental" thing, and entirely non-worrisome in the realm between neurosis and mental illness.)

But.... he did instruct me that it would perhaps be best for me, when in the company of others, to "tone down" my ravings about the above fascinations--- as some people don't get as "passionate" as I do about such stuff.

Okay.... I can do that.

Now, have I shown you the latest pictures of the Dove Family? Look how darling they are! Sometimes I can only see one baby, as the other baby is squashed under Mama. The babies' feathers are coming in and I hope that nothing goes awry before they are able to fly away on their own.....

*

2 comments:

Georgi said...

I think that maybe Fred is a little off about this. We would not read your blog if we did not like your enthusiasm. Now maybe when discussing these things in person you can tone it down, but isnt a blog for self-expression? If we do not like it we can always move on to the next one. . .

Unknown said...

I think Fred should see a therapist and you should see one who doesn't keep telling you are not good enough which is precisely what e is doing by constantly telling you what is 'wrong' with you. You do not need that. You are fine as you are, you aren't wrong and you do not b=need to be fixed and you certainly do not need to be the person he thinks you ought to be. Would i be correct in assuming that this Fred is a 12 step counsellor? Very cultish imo.