Saturday, May 09, 2009

Bird-uh!

*
Thumper: Say "bird."

Bambi: "Bur..."

Thumper: "Bird."

Bambi: "Bur!"

Thumper: "Uh-uh. Bir-duh!"

Other rabbits: "Come on, say 'bird'...say 'bird'!"

Bambi: "Bird!"

("Bambi", author Felix Salten; and a Walt Disney movie)

*

* (Note: Bo's nickname in nursing school was "Thumper"...) * *

This morning it seemed like all the neighborhood birds and animals were all twitterpated, and when I ran out onto the front porch I noticed Papa Birdie was standing guard near the Dove Family Nest....

and so I peeked into the Dove Family Tree....

And I saw that the second eggie had hatched!

And so now there are two baby dovies!!

I can say it: "Bird-uh!"

*

5 comments:

tottergirl said...

Hazzah! Bebe birdies!

Macy from Buffalo, NY said...

""I can say it: 'Bird-uh!'"
You can, but you SHOULD say "Bird-EEZ!"
YAY for bird-EEZ!!!

Even if they look identical to the dust-kittens under my bed ...

Unknown said...

Bo! How amazing.

THE KNITORIOUS MRS. B said...

very cool!

Cat said...

Happy Dance! Babies!! Even if I am late...

Have a GREAT one,
Cat