Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Suburban Kilimanjaro....

*

When you're sure you've had enough of this life,

Well hang on, don't let yourself go,

Cause everybody cries

And everybody hurts, sometimes....

*
("Everybody Hurts", REM)

*

Oh hell, all these therapy appointments are trying.

I get a migraine headache every time I have one of those serious, hour-long sessions with Fred. And now he's added this very determined and insistent "mobile therapist" who drags me kicking and screaming out into the public. He's coming for me again tomorrow....

It all makes me so very melancholy..... too melancholy.

And so I watch it snow....and I knit.

Anyhoo, here's what I did with the poor Little Red Riding Hoodie. I got rid of the decreasing section because I wanted the bottom of the hoodie to be the same size as I cast on for, and eventually I mean for it to flare out from the waist area in its finished form. So now I'm working on that. Guess you could call it a peplum.

And here's a swatch of the camo yarn that I'm going to use on the Sweater Machine to make a sweater for my uncle. Yeah, I know it's a weird looking camo pattern, but Blaine chose it. And since he's a man, I guess he would know. (Hopefully.) I am going to use some tan colored yarn for the cuffs, collars, buttonbands, etc.

And, lastly, here's a cropped, patch-pocket sweater that I made from Opal 6 ply. I've got some tiger-print Opal 6 ply up in the Magic Yarn Closet that I'd love to make another one from. (But I wouldn't put patch pockets on that one....)

(Oh, and yes--- those are a pair of my non-matching house socks on my feet...)

And here's the Tunaholic, aka Little Baby. I was not too happy to walk into the kitchen and see her sassy little self laying messily in her dish which still had food in it---and she had also strewn her food all around her dish on the floor. That's her annoying way of saying she doesn't like Meow Mix cat food as much as she craves plain tuna.

Just another day in Paradise....

*

*

10 comments:

danielle said...

I cannot wait to see how your Little Red Riding Hood turns out! And knowing you, it will be pretty soon. You are way too young not to view every outing as an adventure. On my 50th birthday I decided I could no long NOT do something becuase I was scared....I had to do it at least once if it at all interested me in finding out how it was. To sum out, I went on Tower of Terror once and will never need to go on it again! LOL! But I did not let my fear paralyze me anymore because I was tired of missing out on things without knowing if they were really fun or not (it wasnt). So, I think you need to treat/reward yourself after every time you go out - pick something special that you can do for yourself after you survive - a movie that you and only you want to watch...soome extra knitting time...something to celebrate that you overcame another obstacle in your life!

Bo... said...

Thank you, Danielle! You cheered me up!

Anonymous said...

I am outside of Washington DC and must protest your Kilimanjaro - we have 35 inches of snow! I would love to have the amount you do in Kansas!

knitacat said...

It looks fabulous Bo! I love it! Oh and we all have terror of some sort that is irational and unacceptable to everyone else! I have a terrible fear of ferries (?) My best friend lives accross on the island and if I want to see her I have to face that place inside me that no one else can understand. It's crazy I know. I am cheering you on! I Love your blog.

Bo... said...

Oops, sorry Anonymous! The picture of Kilimanjaro I saw showed it as not being completely covered!

Bo... said...

Thank you so much, Knitacat! Your kind words mean a LOT!!!

TamaraLynn said...

I agree with Knitacat...therapy is HARD work but it's one step at a time and you CAN do it! Onward and upward as they say! (And I find knitting "cures" a lot of things too

Bo... said...

Thank you, TamaraLynn---I need all the encouragement I can get! (And you're right...thank God for knitting!)

#8 said...

Bo,

I have a confession to make; I don't generally like cats. I am a dog person all the way, but I do love "dog like" cats. Your Tuna Baby series has been cracking me up. Prostrate on the plate is hilarious. Great photos and copy.

#8

Bo... said...

Thanks, #8. And let me tell you, it's a daily battle of wits with that stubborn Little Baby!