Sunday, November 15, 2009

Will Somebody Please Muzzle Blaine For Me?

Y'all.... I have LABORED over this dang jacket. (You can click on the picture if you'd like to see it more closely....) (Or not---I'll understand...)

And I think I finally got it the way I want it, thank God---and it dang well had BETTER be the way I want it because the dadgum appliques were more expensive than the whole damn jacket, which was partly due to the fact that I bought the jacket large. (I like my jackets to be somewhat over-sized.) I wanted the jacket to be "just so" because this is the jacket I'm going to wear on the train to Texas next weekend.

(And don't worry--- in all the umpty-zillion years my mother has met me at train stations, bus terminals, or airports, she has been mortified by far worse than this, believe me....)

The train trip to Texas is a long one (approx. 24 hours) and includes a 7-hour layover in St. Louis and an overnight portion from there to Texas. But I'm going first class, so I will have a little room with a bunk bed to sleep in for the overnight leg of the trip. The weather will be cold, thus the need for a jacket.

Understand, when I "decorate" a piece of demin, be it blue jeans, a jean jacket, or a black leather biker jacket (which I wore in my biker days), I tend to adorn it a la my music preferences. I really like some of the music from the 60's and 70's era, even though I was too young to enjoy it when it was new.

Which means I like the "hippie" look, as you can see. None of the applique's are politically motivated one way or the other--- I just put on colorful stuff that looks 60's and 70's-ish, if ya know what I mean. Hippie-ish. Like they came out of a Peter Max poster or something...

(Is 'hippie-ish' a real word?)

Anyhoo, I decorated this jacket, front and back. And while I toiled on the floor, meticulously placing and ironing the myriad of patches, Blaine made his usual sarcastic remarks.

"All you need now is a big red nose and some huge, floppy shoes."

Har-dee-har-har, I told him. I get it---"clownish". Very funny. (Is 'clownish' a word??)

I tried to ignore him.

Or I tried some retorts of my own, like: "You're such a card---you ought to be DEALT WITH" or else that age-old favorite: "I know you are, but what am I?"

Finally, I finished the jacket and put it on, "modeling" it for Blaine. I figured he'd had his say and didn't have any more witty insults to lob.

"How does it look?" I asked, twirling around so he could see the front and the back, thinking I was looking rather cool and hippie-ish.

"They didn't have any 'joint' appliques?...."

*

*

6 comments:

Linda in Alameda, CA said...

He's just jealous! I love it, Bo.

Anonymous said...

If you had modeled it in the buff he would have had no complaints.
It works every time.
he he heee

Abzygirl said...

DUDE! I bet I could call a friend in California who would go to a head shop and get you one LOL. Seriously though, truly great jacket Bo.

(Don't EVEN ask how I know what a head shop is. I wasn't always a good girl ha ha)

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

I like it; actually, I think it could use a few more decorative items. But I'm just an old hippie from so cal. What do I know?!

Anonymous said...

Nice post and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you seeking your information.

Bo... said...

Thank you, Anonymous, above!!