Wednesday, May 17, 2006

We Interrupt This Program to Bring You an Update on the Dang Sweater-Coat.....

What was it that Kamikaze soldiers used to yell? Something like....AIIIIYEEEEEE!!!!!! This sweater-coat is NOT going properly. The collar is so blah that I won't even insult your eyes by posting a pic of it. I will most likely rip it out again, dang it. And I don't like the first sleeve that I knitted so I will most likely rip it out as well. Sigh.... The only things I'm happy with so far are the facings that I knitted for the front closure area and maybe the Peri's Parasol edging on the bottom. About the facings: I want this sweater-coat to have hearty, "firm" edges since I intend to wear it on-the-run while working in bad weather, but I've got to admit, too, that I'm a "facing fanatic". I will knit a facing at the drop of a hat. I'm positively obsessive about inside edges being neat. And I get a thrill out of blocking this kind of stuff, don't ask me why. By the way... as you all know, I belong to a 12-Step Program--and it suggests that I be perfectly honest in all things. So I guess I will have to admit here that......AAAARGH....AAARGH.....(give me a minute)..... I will admit here that my waistline does NOT go in as far as I have demonstrated in the picture. There, I feel better now....

Anyway, it's back to the drawing board regarding the collar and that darn sleeve.

* * * *

"We will now return you to your regularly scheduled program"....

6 comments:

Suzetta said...

Love those socks.

Anonymous said...

The sweater looks great - so stop that whingeing lol! The socks are pretty cute too :)
I loved the story of the samll town emergency - so lucky really. A call I made for road service for my car was answered by someone hundreds of miles away and I got into BIG trouble coz I didn't know the name of the road I was on. I didn't even know the road had a name - plus any dill who lives in my city would know the only road from the airport into town! Finally got it sorted! Cheers, Judith

Pennie said...

cute blog, enjoyed reading! Like the sweater coat too.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

Anonymous said...

Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
»

Anonymous said...

Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site. Keep working. Thank you.
»