Thursday, March 11, 2010

Questions for Leonard...

*

I know I've got therapists to talk to about any problems which might crop up but, in fact, I'm getting kind of sick of talking to my therapists. They always have the answer to everything, and I can never be quite sure whether they're telling me stuff that is strictly for me---of if, by rote, they're simply quoting from the book of "What to Say to Your Stupid Patients When They Say Such-and-Such".

Also, Monday looms---the day when the lady therapist is going to take me to a swimming pool for a water exercise class. I mean, it sounded fun when she described it....but I'm actually dreading it. And I even told her that I'm so shy that, even though it sounded fun, the truth of the matter is that I'm so dreadfully shy in public that I can't hardly bear the thought of going to that dang swimming pool!

But somehow I ended up agreeing to go. How in the hell did that happen? I think she hypnotized me into agreeing to go by quoting out of that damn book, "What to Say To Your Stupid Patients When They Say Such-and-Such".

So, of late, I've been talking to Leonard, our most sensible cat. Don't laugh---I know all of you with cats talk to them as well. (Yes, I know you do it too, heh!)

One of the things I asked Leonard was how long to make the Little Red Riding Hoodie. (You can click on the picture to enlarge it in order to see the details.) Anyway, Leonard recommended a length whereby the flaring out part sits on my lower waist, or a little lower--- which I'm already long-waisted to begin with. His logic is that when I attach the drop-shoulder sleeves, the row of flowers would not be disturbed and end up flowing over my shoulders area in a ruinous, un-flattering manner. (And let me tell you, the flowers and stems look 100% better now that my buddy Cindy set me on the right path for duplicate-stitching, so I don't want to screw things up now.)

So anyway, that sounded like very good advice for the Little Red Riding Hoodie. And after thanking Leonard for his advice (which I know for SURE doesn't come out of that damn book, "What to Say to Your Stupid Patients When They Say Such-and-Such") I have again picked up the garment and am knitting on it until I feel it is the length Leonard advised.

Here's the inside of the "mystery socks" pattern I'm designing. I'm really liking them, but now a difficult part is coming up. I want to do them with a choice of two heel types---and not disturb the color patterns. Leonard said that "frogging is our friend".

And after he said that, a horrible thought crossed my mind.....

You don't think..... you don't think he's quoting from that other book "What to Say to Your Stupid Human Owners Whenever They Say ANYTHING", do you???...

*

*

19 comments:

Cindy/KS said...

Oh I like that! And once I find my hourglass figure again, it would look great - might have to dream up a similar shape at least for when that time comes!

As for the cats - don't know what to tell you, but I agree with you on the swimming pool! Last time I was at a public pool other than to watch the grandkids was in 1989! Not big on that kind of thing & I haven't been in a swim suit since I was about 10!

Mary said...

I love that. "Frogging is our friend." What a smart cat, but generally they are all pretty smart. I always tell myself the good thing about ripping out is that I get more for my money that way; I get to use that yarn more than once.

Anonymous said...

Bo, I just love your sense of humor! I so enjoy reading your blog, and I can't wait to see how the Little Red Riding Hoodie turns out. I envy you! I wish I had your color ability with yarn. God Bless


Cinmar11

Bo... said...

Thank you, you guys! You made my day!

Anonymous said...

I love it! Great job.

Terri

Bo... said...

Thank you, Terri!

tottergirl said...

I love your hoodie. Right now it looks like the coolest, flirty-est, mini skirt ever!

I wish my cat, Bug, had intelligent things to say. She just makes meh noises and tries to steal the yarn.

I learned today that frogging is my friend. I started and frogged my newest crochet project 3 or 4 times.

As for your trip to the pool, no one will be looking at you, every other student will also be embarrassed and hoping no one is looking at them either.

Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Bo... said...

Thank you, Tottergirl!

danielle said...

Do you knit all your socks inside out? Is there an advantage to that?

Your dup stitch really lookd better - maybe (hint hint) you should share your tips??

Public swimming pool? In a swimsuit? In water that is undoubtedly way too cool for me?No way jose!

But as tottergirl said - everyone else there will probably be feeling the same way!

You go girl!

Bo... said...

Hi Danielle--yes, I do knit my socks inside out, and then I turn them to right side out when I'm finished! (I have no idea how I learned to do that since I'm sure I was instructed the other way...) And Cindy/KS (above) was the one who taught me how to do a better duplicate stitch. She gave me a link to a video of it, also, but I can't find that link right now. I'm not looking forward to the swimming pool, but I guess I'm going to have to summon up my bravery and go!

Bo... said...

I found it---here's that link to a video which Cindy/KS gave me that helped me do the duplicate stitch correctly:

http://knitting.about.com/od/knittingskills/ss/duplicat_stitch.htm

Anonymous said...

Bo
I don't "twitter"
what's going on?
Dawn

Bo... said...

There were a lot of haters commenting on my blog. I ridiculed them but they never stopped their onslaught of hate mail. My friends advised me to start rejecting their comments, not allowing them to have a voice anymore--and so I did as my friends advised. So now the haters are sending me hate mail privately. #8 was a person who used to be a friend. THen she/he suddenly sent me a hate mail stating that she now hated me, for some unknown reason. Today she sent me a hatemail which asked me if I wore a "witch's pointy hat", and then she ridiculed my fear of going outside my house to socialize because I was "afraid that people would see that I was an evil bitch". That's why I wrote the Twitter comment.

Anonymous said...

Bo
some people have nothing better to do
and as the old saying goes
"stick and stones"
forget abot 'em
nice sweater, watching for more
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Bo
some people have nothing better to do
and as the old saying goes
"stick and stones"
forget abot 'em
nice sweater, watching for more
Dawn

Bo... said...

Thank you, Dawn!

Meg said...

I love the Little Red Riding Hoodie! I really want to see how it turns out- I'll bet it's fabulous.

Good luck with the swimming pool thing. Just think- the rest of the people there will feel the same way about it that you do, and they'll be so worried about their own selves that they'll hardly be paying much attention to anyone else.

Bo... said...

Thank you, Meg!

susan said...

Loving the sweater! It is so pretty, you are an amazing knitter! Also glad the Lenard is a good listener...my Zoe and Billie Bean cats are not speaking to me...they think I "killed" their 20 year old cat brother. I tried to tell them that he just wore out and died of old age, they won't believe me and give me evil looks. Oh well, cats...what are we to do with them?

Good luck with your swim, you will be ok...not one of us like the way we look in a swim suit!