Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Quick Update on My Niece's Condition

*

And I'll serenade Venus,

I'll serenade Mars,

And I'll burn with the fire of ten million stars,

And in time, and in time,

We will all be stars.....

("I Sing The Body Electric", Michael Gore & Dean Pitchford)

*

Quick Update on My Niece's Condition:

My darling niece is, unfortunately, in the hospital--- for the second day--- with a severe case of pyelonephritis.

It came out of the blue and skipped the "preliminary" stages---going right to the serious stage. My little niece is still, according to my sister (who is sitting a constant vigil at her bedside) looking wan and lethargic---and still with fever.

But the doctor has seen her twice today but states that the antibiotics are helping, thank goodness.

From the very bottom of my heart, I sincerely thank you all for your prayers and good wishes---thank you so very, very much--- all of you.

I'll keep you informed....

Bo

*

15 comments:

Taueret said...

She, and you are in my thoughts.

Runs With Scissors said...

Thank God it's something treatable. Y'all remain on my prayer list.
~RWS

Anonymous said...

Thank you for letting us know about your niece. And so sorry for your osteoarthritis - will try and find nontraditional help information for it, after the surgery on my broken foot. I'll keep sending positive energy both of your ways. aj

may said...

hoping for a faster recovery for your niece....

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad. I'll keep the prayers up.

Brewgal said...

I hope she gets better soon!

poody said...

OMG! I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers too Bo I used to be a dialysis nurse so I do know how serious this is for her.

Mary said...

I am praying for your neice and the rest of the family. Is this a kidney infection of some kind?

Mary said...

Thanks for updating us on your niece. She is in my prayers along with you and the rest of the family. I hope she recovers speedily and completely.

Susan Palwick said...

I'm praying for all of you, Bo. Good luck, and please keep us posted!

Janet said...

You and she are in my prayers, Bo. Keep us posted.

Katherine said...

I haven't visited in a while, and am so sorry to hear this news about your neice. She will be in my prayers! You will all be in my prayers because an illness like this is so hard on the whole family. I hope all is well soon!

Anonymous said...

How's the niece doing as time passes here? Sending continued healing thoughts from MN ...

Unknown said...

Praying for your niece, Bo. . . and for you. Please keep us posted. Will give a great big Bapticostal PRAISE THE LORD when you report she's A-OK. :)

Hugz,
Carla

Anonymous said...

Not a blogger (yet)but got to see your work through Deacon Barry, who is a good friend of mine. A very bright guy. Sorry to hear about the lady who died. I am not a nurse, although I have seriously considered the profession. The daughter sounds like a nightmare in your recent tale. Death is too good for some people, and I think she fits in that catagory. Have you considered covering her in Kerosene and asking her to leave before you light a match? Not PC but it could have the desired effect. Obviously wish the best for your neice.